Barclays Insurance

Car and Home Insurance



With Barclays Home and Car Insurance, you can use their website to get an online quote, but they will first ask you to confirm that you meet certain restrictions. First, you must confirm that you are a resident of the UK (Northern Ireland is excluded), and that you are both the main driver and the registered owner of the vehicle. In fact, your car must be kept and registered in the Channel Isles, the Isle of Man or Great Britain in order to use their service.

There are a number of other restrictions on the drivers themselves. They cannot be older than 75. You would all also have to show that you have a valid UK driving license that was issued after you had notified the DVLA of any illness or disability that you are required to tell them about. Plus, no driver of the vehicle can have made more than one claim against your current policy in the past four years. There are also certain motoring convictions that, if they have happened in the past five years, may exclude you or your drivers from being covered. Related to this, if a driver has had any other criminal convictions, it may exclude them as well. There are also a couple of restrictions on the driver’s occupation. They may not have a business that is related to driving, such as a taxi driver. Interestingly, they also may not be a recognizable celebrity such as a professional athlete, actor, or model. Nor may they work at a circus or fairground, as a childminder, or as a presenter for TV or radio.

If you meet all of these conditions, then you can receive comprehensive, third party, fire and theft or third-party only cover from Barclays. They will also additional services for a fee, such as a courtesy car when yours is being repaired, Legal Services in the event that you need to pursue uninsured losses or damages, plus options such as foreign cover, breakdown cover, a protected no-claims discount or the possibility to increase your personal accident cover.

Barclays also offers home insurance products for buildings cover, contents cover, or a combination of both offerings. If you purchase both covers, you will receive a 10% discount as well. Plus, they will offer you up to a 35% online discount if you have no claim for five years. If you want to lower your premium even further, you can select a policy with a higher excess. Buildings cover has a limit of up to £500,000 and contents cover is possible with a limit of up to £50,000. You can make monthly payments with no fee for doing so. If you decide that you want to switch to Barclays home insurance and your mortgage company charges you do to so, the company will reimburse you up to £25 to cover that fee.


Home - Car - Van - Motorbike - Breakdown - Caravan - Taxi - Life - Health - Travel - Pet - Mortgage - Special

Home Page - Insurance Articles - UK Insurance Companies - Links - Site Map